Sunday, May 16, 2010

Saturday 5/15/10 Six years and counting!




Hey All,



I had a great day in the shop today and even a better one in the evening. It started as usual at 8am. I needed to do all of the little things that make a frame a bike. Fitted and brazed on the brake bridge. As you can see there is a small boss which is threaded in the center for mounting a fender. Gary doesn't plan on using it right away but it will be there for the future.



Next I brazed on the shifter bosses. These will be used as cable guides because Gary is planning on using STI shifters at this point.


Next was the small braze-on that mounts to the bottom of the chain stay for the cable that runs to the rear derailleur. Sorry for the blurry picture. I also spent time on the rear drop outs making sure there is adequate room for the cassette.

So I bet you're wondering what do you mean by 6 years and counting? Simple. I've been married to my wife for 6 years. Without her support this endeavor never would have gotten off the ground. So...We went out for a nice dinner to celebrate at our favorite restaurant.

By the way....Today is Sunday. I had a great ride with my Amigos today. There were about 20 of us in all. It's so much fun being at the back of a pace line going through the winding roads of western CT. What a site!
db

PS Soon I'll be ordering a tube set to make my first MTB. It will be a 29er single speed. I'm pumped!

No comments:

Post a Comment