Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday 5/14/10







As usual I spent the afternoon in the shop today. It was tough because it is a perfect day for a ride. The one negative thing I have run into about building bikes is that it takes up a lot of my spare time and there is so much riding to do and so little time to do it in.
At any rate as you can see by the above pics I worked on the rear dropouts as well as the Seat cluster.
These dropouts are going to be beautiful because they are stainless steel and I will polish the face of them and they will not get painted. That way as the wheel is put on and taken off over the years the paint will not get chipped. This is a great feature and well worth the small extra expense.
Tomorrow I hope to braze on the seat stay bridge and perhaps the chain stay bridge.
Tomorrow is also my wedding anniversary. I'll most likely cut my work day a bit short.

No comments:

Post a Comment