Wednesday, March 31, 2010

In the Beginning



I came home from the 2010 North American Hand built Bike Show and a Gentleman that I had been talking with locally (Gary F) decided to pull the trigger on a new Sport Tourer.

As many of you know Touring bikes are my passion. Steel is the absolute best material for a touring bike. It gives a comfortable ride and most people that tour aren't concerned about a few extra ounces. (since they are piling on 20 to 40 extra pounds in the way of a tent,sleeping bag and cookware.) What they are looking for is a stable ride. That's where I can deliver.

The beauty of a Sport Tourer is it can be loaded for a credit card tour or the racks can come off for a quick ride on Sunday morning with your friends.

So in the next few weeks I will be making some entries of this bike as it is being built complete with pictures. The picture to the right are the various tubes that I will use to build Gary's bike as well as the lugs, the crown and the bottom bracket. So stay tuned and see Gary's new bike as it is born!

No comments:

Post a Comment